Thermal Spraying - Surface Coating Technique
What Is The Thermal Spray Coating
Thermal spraying is an industrial coating process that consists of a heat source (flame or other) and a coating material in a powder or wire form which is literally melted into tiny droplets and sprayed onto surfaces at high velocity. Thermal sprayed coatings uniquely enhance and improve the performance of the component.
Advantages Of Thermal Spraying Coating
Good wear resistance, high temperature to enhance the performances of parts.
Can change the parts surfaces' properties like electric conductive or isolative, or to build the undersized parts.
The thermal spray substrate remains comparatively low temperature (200°C or lower, approx.) during spraying, which allows the subject to maintain its organizational structure and physical properties.
Modification is possible even for large and complex-shaped equipment, down to small parts.
Thermal spraying can provide thick coatings (thickness range from 20 microns to several mm), over a large area at high deposition rate as compared to other coating processes such as electroplating, physical and chemical vapor deposition.
Applications Of Thermal Spraying Coating
* Automotive. Reducing fuel consumption and emissions using specialized coatings for engine, transmission, steering, and suspension components.
* Aviation. aero engine, airframe and landing gear.
* Chemical Processing. biochemicals, biofuels, bioplastics, chemicals and plastics.
* Medical. medical implants like hip joints and dental implants.
* Oil and Gas. Exploration drilling, liquefied natural gas, oil sand, pipeline, shale coal seam Gas and subsea.
* Power Generation. high-temperature, erosion-corrosion protection in boilers on waterwalls and superheaters, steam turbine,critical turbine components, pump and valve bodies, impellers and rotors.steel components of wind turbines.
* Pulp and Paper.corrosion coatings on pulp digesters, and wear-control coverings with controlled surface textures for paper machinery such as calendar and embossing rolls.
* Water. coatings for tanks and pipelines,erosion-, abrasion- and impact-resistant coatings for pumps and valves.
Thermal Spray Technologies Include
Flame spray (wire,rod,powder), Arc spray, Plasma spray (includes atmosphere controlled plasma spray), HVOF (high velocity oxygen and fuel spray) or HVAF(high velocity air and fuel spray), Detonation Spray, Cold spray.
|Thermal spraying methods||Application cases of thermal spray coating|
|HVOF (high velocity oxygen and fuel spray)||
Spraying of cermet such as chromium carbide type materials
* High-temperature oxidation resistance turbine blade
* Anti-slip bridle roll
* Abrasion resistance paper manufacturing roll, etc
Attainment of thick overlay spraying as thick as 20mm.
Such as piston
|Flame spraying (wire, rod, powder)||
Rust preventive spraying for aluminum and zinc, etc
* Backup roll chuck
* Induction heating pot
* Abrasion resistance plunger
* Abrasion resistance sleeve
|Water plasma spraying||
Perfect for large-format, thick covering applications. oxide type ceramics materials
* Carbon plating
* Abrasion resistance,corrosion resistance conveyor pulley, Paper manufacturing roll
* Ceramic molds